Producing reports is a two-step process. The “Build Databases” feature displays a window similar to the “Search” feature, where you define the selection criteria for your report, and then save the output to a file. The output file is then available to be selected in the ‘Export Reports’ feature, and you can then specify the fields to export to the Excel spreadsheet.
Now that you’ve saved the search results to a file, we need to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet.
Select “Reports”, then “Export Reports”
You’ll see a list of files created by the Build Database feature where you selected the search criteria.
- Select the output file created from the “Build Database” step.
- The criteria used to create the database file are displayed.
- The number of dictation report files matching the selection criteria is displayed.
- Select the desired output fields to include for export to the Excel spreadsheet.
- Select the “Export” button to generate the report.The results will be displayed in an Excel spreadsheet.
At this point, you may adjust the appearance of the spreadsheet as desired. You’ll need to define the Excel format of date fields to display them properly (such as Date Created, Date Sent, Date Completed).
Audio Duration and Billable Time fields are calculated in seconds. Divide by 60 to display as minutes.
Export Settings / Import Settings
There is also an option to define and save the selections from the “Fields to Export” list, and then load those selections quickly as desired. By saving the export settings, it will be easier to produce a future report if you want the same fields selected the next time.
Select the “File” menu option from the window.
Then select “Save Export Settings” and save to a file.
When needed, select “File” and then “Load Export Settings” to retrieve the desired export settings. You may then modify the selection list as desired.