The Quikscribe Recorder can easily send files across a network. But before this can happen, Quikscribe needs to be properly setup and configured.
Note: If you have a Network Administrator or IT support person, you might like them to do the following steps. As all Networks are different and depending on security issues and permissions, you may have problems doing the following without their assistance.
Stage 1 – Setting up your Primary SEND destination location and sub-folders.
- Using Windows Explorer, make a folder (directory) within a public shared folder on your File Server (one that everyone within your organisation has access to) and call this folder “QSFiles” or another meaningful name.
- Then within this directory, make internal folders for each individual typist and name them accordingly e.g Mary Smith, Lisa Jones etc.
- Then within these individually named folders, make a folder and name it “Completed”
- Once completed, your file structure should look similar to this
Stage 2 – Setting up your Primary SEND path
- Open the Quikscribe Recorder software
- Click on the File Menu
- Click on New Audio
- Click on Create (this will create a new audio file)
- Click on File Menu
- Click on the Send Audio
- Under the “Method Tab” make sure LAN is selected
- Next, double click in the empty list box below.
- Using the “LAN Location” dialogue box, navigate your way to the public shared folder on your File Server
- Select the QS Files directory that you created in Step 1
- Then select Add and then OK
Note: At this stage, you should see within the Typist list box, a list of all the typists available within the QSFiles directory.
If at any stage you want to Add or Delete typists within the QSFiles directory, simply Add or R
emove them at anytime. The Quikscribe Recorder simply builds a list based on available typists within this directory.
If you have a large office or organisation and you would like to set up multiple typing directories, setup additional directories by following Step 1 & 2 again.