In order for Quikscribe Recorder to Record and Play audio files correctly, there are several prerequisites, otherwise Quikscribe will not work.
- Make sure the Quikscribe Microphone lead is plugged into the Microphone jack in the Sound Card
- Make sure your Speakers are plugged in correctly and turned on.
- Make sure the Quikscribe Hand Control is plugged in.
- From the Quikscribe File menu, select the Play/Record Levels. Note: A Volume dialog box should appear.
- Make sure that both the Volume and Wave sliders are at 80% and that they are not turned off. However the Microphone Slider must be turned off (Muted).
- Next click on Options then Properties, and a Properties dialog box will appear.
- Select the Recording button and make sure the Microphone is ticked in the box below, then select OK (A Recording Control dialog box will appear).
- Make sure the Microphone Balance is Enabled and at 80%. Then click OK.
- Close or exit this last dialogue box and return to the Quikscribe Recorder.
- Create a new audio file by pressing the New Audio Icon, then press Create.
- Record “Test One, Two Three”
- Press Rewind and then press Play.
Note: If you cannot hear anything, make sure you have your Microphone and Speakers correctly plugged it.