There are specific tools designed to assist an Office Manager or IT Administrator.
Office Manager tools include: – enterprise-wide file monitoring and management – ability to change file status or assign priority – ability to reassign file workload from one transcription queue to another – a robust file search tool – report generator for statistical analysis.
IT Administrator tools include: – a menu-based install script generator that provides fast deployment of Quikscribe Recorder and Player programs – online licensing management; easy to move licenses from one PC to another – centralized user profile editors; provides easy manipulation of user configuration settings without touching each user PC – centralized profile editor for Philips Digital Pocket Memo portable recorders, including ability to link individual DPM recorder to QS Recorder user profile; this provides automated detection of DPM when docked with PC to download files and process instructions according to QS Recorder user profile settings – global template settings for user profiles for both QS Recorder and Player programs – ability to define priority table list and keyword table lists for organization – option to use automated software licensing (instead of manually registering software for each computer)
Would you like to view an video demonstration of how the Quikscribe Manager works? Please request to have a link emailed to you.
- A single graphical display of all dictation files and folders sent to transcription
- Color coding for files and folders to denote current status (red is URGENT, purple is OVERDUE, etc.)
- The table listing for each folder may be sorted quickly by clicking on the field heading
- Search for files based on certain criteria (date created, author name, patient/case number, etc)
- Move files from one queue to another to reassign work flow
- Change the priority or “required by” time
- “Locked” file status indicates the file is open by the transcriptionist. In case there is a network file issue that has left the file in a “locked” state, preventing access to the file, you can easily “unlock” the file using the edit feature
- Change File Completion Instructions (such as “Print out on completion”, “Archive Audio”, and notification options (“Call Author”, “Call Secretary”, “Email Author” (with completed document), and “Email Secretary” (with completed document)
- Check billable times for Author and Typist
All edits, changes, and moves are recorded in the Typist History, providing a complete historical record of all actions performed on the file. This provides comprehensive tracking of every individual that worked on the file, and if the file was reassigned from one transcriptionist to another.
The Search feature (under Tools) allows you to search for specific files using any set of criteria. In the example above, the search was performed looking for all records created by author “Smith” with the the Required Date before Jan. 31, 2008. The resulting list appears with the desired field criteria, and the file(s) may then be moved to another queue or edited.
Reports may be generated to produce statistical results based on desired criteria, with output to MS-Access database or Excel spreadsheet.
Please call us at 800-852-2526 for direct answers to your questions, or please click here to contact us.